Saturday, September 3, 2011

Love's the Only Rule - Chapter 1.7


The next day rolled around, and I was all smiles after my long conversation with Ryan. It’s our official first date here in just a few minutes. I couldn’t help but double check the mirror every few seconds to make sure my hair didn’t decide to frizz up into a nice orange redish afro. That… well that would just be horrible.

A small knock on the door made my heart leap right into my throat. I was nervous… why on earth was I nervous? I made out with the guy the other night and now I was nervous. Wiping my sweaty palms on my dress I opened the door with a cheesy smile on my face and stepped outside.

“Hey, you look lovely Lucy.” His smile widened as I turned around to face him after locking up.

“Thanks Ryan.” I managed to squeak out as my cheeks flooded with warmth.
Taking my hand he led me to his car, and like a true gentleman he opened the door and helped me in.

“Close your eyes Lucy; I want it to be a surprise.” I smirked as I could hear the excitement in his voice.
“Okay Ryan.” I giggled lightly as I covered my eyes. I could feel the pull of the car as he put it in gear and drove to our destination. We stayed quite for the rest of the drive up until the car came to a stop. Exiting the car he helped me out as I kept my eyes close.

“Okay Lucy you can look.” He sounded almost shy and unsure of my reaction, but as soon as I opened my eyes my breath was immediately taken away.

The beauty of the meadow by a small lake looked absolutely amazing under the diming sun. He set out a small picnic spot just beneath a willow tree. Its long tendrils kissed the lakes edge as a slight breeze rolled through the area.
“Oh Ryan, this is so amazing.” I turned around wrapping him up into a hug. I felt his hands on my lower back as I pulled him in closer.

“I’m glad you like it Lucy. Hungry?” He lightly brushed his soft lips across my cheek as he pulled away from our embrace.
“Yeah I am. This is just…” I was speechless what else could I say, I struggled for the right words, but nothing overly amazing popped into my head. “It’s just absolutely romantic Ryan.” We plopped down on opposite sides of the blanket he laid out and grabbed up some food.

“I made these myself you know.” He laughed as I took a giant bite of hamburger causing me to giggle and make food fly from my mouth. “Sorry.” He wiped away a bit of hamburger that flew out of my mouth and onto his sleeve. “No offense that was kind of gross.” His smile widened and we both burst out laughing at each other.

“You kind sir made me do it. So there’s nothing gross about it.” I flicked a piece of my bun at him. I stared at him as he scooted next to me. Slowly he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and I leaned into him. I felt safe and I felt at ease for once in the past couple of days. It was like Ryan was that perfect piece I was missing in my life. He made all my worries wash away with just one smile.

“Do you want to know what I was going to say to you last week?” Once again my heart began its rapid beat dance in my chest.
“Of course I do. I’ve been curious about it for some time.” He brushed away one of my stray hairs from my face as he intently looked into my eyes.

“Lucy, I think I fell for you the instantly I met you.” His eyes never left mine as he rushed on with his confession. “I don’t know what it is about you, but I just feel like you are the missing piece in my life. It’s like when I’m away from you I urn to be with you again. And when I saw that jerk all over you the night before I snapped, and I knew I had to tell you how I felt.” His little dorky grin spread across his face. “Which all I can say is that I honestly hope you feel the same because if not I think I just made a fool of myself.” I watched as he swallowed hard as he took in a deep breath of air.

I was even more speechless than before. He felt exactly like I did. No words can ever describe how I felt in that moment, and I did exactly what I knew would make him understand that. Lightly I brought my lips against his kissing him deeply and hoping he could feel every single ounce of my feeling through that one single kiss.

“Wow.” We pulled away from each other and felt his breath hot against my face. “Just wow.” I giggled like a little school girl when I noticed the awe struck look across his face.
“Lucy Reed, this may sound as corny as ever but will you be my girlfriend?” I placed the backside of my hand on his cheek.
“Yes, Ryan I would love to be your girlfriend.” Bringing his lips to mine, everything I thought badly about love was erased all within that moment.

Colby’s POV:


So I was just sitting there minding my own business in Lucy’s bushes when Mr. Pretty boy comes waltzing up her stairs without a care in the world. Well the thing here is I’ve had a bit of a thing for Lucy since high school , and this prissy guy wasn’t helping matters much of me getting to her one little bit.

I scratched the top of my head as I heard them talk, and pretty much wanted to puke when he opened the car door for her and helped her in. Sighing I walked to my parked car, climbed in and sped up to catch up to them.Wondering where the heck we were going we wound up just on the outskirts of town, and of course I was careful where I parked and finally made it to where they were just as they were sitting down for dinner.

I could tell that something funny must have been said by the way they were cracking up like little children. Jealousy ran through my body as I watch Ryan make his move by scooting next to her and placing his arm around her.

It wasn’t until they kissed that I wanted to actually hurt Mr. Pretty Boy. She was mine, and frankly if I couldn’t have her I sure as heck didn’t want anyone else having her. It wasn’t fair none of it was. I’d get him alone eventually, and when I did he’d wished he never have met me.

5 comments:

  1. I know I've probably said this before, but they just don't make guys like Ryan anymore. Also, I really like how when it switched to Colby's POV the voice changed so drastically. The way it was written, I could just hear him saying it. Watch out, Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. XD I just couldn't help making him to that type of guy since it is so rare anymore.
    As for Colby I had to give him that bit of cocky attitude and so glad that's the feeling you got. I was trying for it, but I just wasn't quite sure if I pulled it off or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I know what's coming. =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta agree with Crzydramaqueen5 on this one! Def could hear a difference between the POV's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys :) and I know, everything shall be revealed very very soon.

    ReplyDelete