Monday, September 12, 2011

All I Need Is You - Chapter 1.8

 
You know I sat there for the longest time after they left the lake. Pondering on what exactly I could do, and just how I could execute them. I wanted that poor excuse of a man out of the picture and the faster the better because from the looks of their intent kisses and overly grabby hands things might just progress faster than I would hope for.

Shrugging I made my way back to my car and back to her house. Sure enough when I pulled up on the opposite side of the street Ryan’s truck was parked in her driveway and all the lights were off in the house. Not good. Not one little bit. Infuriated I had think of something quick to stop the more than likely entanglement of limbs on the inside.

Bolting from the car I found the biggest rock possible and hurled it into her window. The crashing of glass echoed into the dead night followed by a very hectic scream. Satisfied I stayed out of sight and ran behind my car. The front light flicked on and out stepped Mr. Pretty Boy… in his underwear. whitey tighties to be exact okay they weren’t white, but they were pretty much under that classification.

I watched as he scouted the property and how eager I was to knock him out and run inside. The lights were out. Lucy wouldn’t have a clue, but I couldn’t risk it. Not yet, the cops were probably called, and I should leave. I wouldn’t want to tip Lucy or pretty boy of the impending doom that was unfolding in my mind.

Sluggishly I strode my way into my small, dingy, makeshift of a home. Kicking off my shoes and stripping off my clothes I decided to make myself some coffee. The stuff never really had any effect on me, but sometimes it helped me think just a bit more clearly.

Sitting down at the table I held the cup in my hands and hung my head slightly. How was I going to do this? How was I going to manage and pull everything off that kept twisting around in my mind like a cyclone?

The wheels in my head began to twist and turn. I’d have to find a time and place where he wasn’t with Lucy. Maybe driving to his work or just going somewhere in general to see her. A car accident wouldn’t even point towards its purposeful meaning of getting him the heck out of my way. I’d have Lucy before I knew it.
Here’s the thing, as I tried to find the perfect time the days turned to weeks and the weeks to months, and soon the display that played before my eyes made the fire burn even more.

RYAN’s Point of View:

Her sweet melodic voice whispered into my ears as I adjusted my clothes and rubbed the back of my neck. The palms of my hands seemed to pour with sweat as my nerves ran on high. I tried to take slow easy breaths, but this… this was the day. This was going to be the day I’d ask Lucy the number one question that always toyed around with my thoughts like raggedy dolls.
A slight knock on our bedroom door startled me causing me to almost knock a vase off of the dresser.

“Hey, aren’t you ready yet?” He smile beamed brightly as she giggled.

“Yeah, I’m ready.” I took her hand in mine and within seconds the worries all washed away. These past few months have been heaven. We moved into our own place a month or so back, and we’re still getting settled. Even though we haven’t known each other for very long, we know we were made for each other. It’s just that feeling you get whenever you near them. The feeling of actual love, and that if that person was taken from you, you’d be lost.

Now it was time to seal the deal completely; make her mine forever and eternity. I was taking her to the same exact spot we met all those months ago. What spot could be better for asking something so intimate?

“You look so adorable with the crease of worry on your forehead you know?” She playfully tugged on my arm as we stepped out near the beach. I couldn’t help but smirk as we walked down towards the ocean’s edge.

“Oh you know, I wanted to try the whole wrinkle look out before we got older. How does it look?” I made quote marks with my fingers and wiggled my eyebrows up and down causing her to burst out laughing.

“Oh Ryan, you look amazing with or without wrinkles. You know I love you for you silly.” She brushed my hair from my eyes and smiled as she cupped my cheek in her hands.

Sighing I took her hand in mine kissing the top of it. “I know which brings me to something I’ve been meaning to ask you.”

I kneeled down feeling the soft sand sink under my knees weight. I watch as she lightly gasped as I fumbled around with the box in my pocket.

“Lucy Ann Reed, will you give me the honor of being my wife?” She gasped and shook her head yes.

With my shaking hands I slipped the ring on her slender finger as my heart thumbed rapidly in my chest. I loved her more than ever as I gazed up noticing a small crystal tear, caught by the moon’s rays, run down her cheek.

“I love you Ryan.” She whispered lightly as she wrapped me up into a hug. I could smell the saltiness of the ocean as a breeze rolled through the beach sending shivers down my spine. That tingling sensation of being watch peeked my interest and I couldn’t help but notice a crouched figure in the bushes.

Shaking my head I suddenly had the feeling we weren’t fully safe anymore. I pulled back with a smile before I spoke. “Corny I know, but I really wouldn’t mind going back home and cuddling?” She rolled her eyes and bit her lip.

“Sounds good to me!” Taking her hand once more we headed back to the truck and back home. Just as we stepped through the front door and locked it up she wrapped me up into an embrace pushing her lips against mine. I’m not sure if it was the forcefulness of the kiss or just because I felt it was time but I sensed she wanted much more than just cuddling.

I wasn’t going to complain and I wasn’t going to stop unless she asked, but things got a bit out of hand. It was like a whirlwind with the adrenaline and the excitement coursing through my veins as our kissing developed in something much more passionate.

It was amazing I’ll give it that, and once everything was said and done we held each other in one another’s arms not saying anything, we were too afraid to break the silence. Too afraid that if we spoke we might wake up and find it all to be nothing but a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment