Monday, October 3, 2011

Gone to Soon: Chapter 2.1


I was told more than once that mom was a little off her rocker after my dad died. I remember her vaguely. Coming home seeing her face and excited that I would be able to see her. The last time I saw her was the first day of first grade. I came home excited telling her about my new friends, and asking her where my father was.

My grandma always told me that was the last thing that pushed her over the edge. Though I know there was more to it. She doesn’t know, but I found that note my mom wrote all those years ago. I still have it. Sometimes I wish I could see her again, but that isn’t going to happen. I’m hundreds of miles away in Hidden Springs. Closing my eyes I can still remember some of it.
You were everything to me this is why I have to leave. So sleep well my angel. Under all the ash and the lies something beautiful here now dies. And the tears burn my eyes as you sit there all alone. I’m sorry. Opening my eyes once again I sighed.

My mom didn’t realize that grandma had read the note shortly after she left to go to the beach. She was found just in time, and placed in a mental institution. I don’t know exactly what happened, but grandma wouldn’t let me see her after everything happened. She whisked me away in hope of erasing all the bad memories.

In a sense I’m kind of glad that I never got dragged into everything that had happened when I was little. I probably would have been made fun of, but well I still kind of am here. I may not be the most fashionable because my grandma doesn’t have spare cash to spend money on high fashion items. I guess maybe it could be because I’m a bit of a loner or a nerd. I stick to myself more than anything.

“Hey.” Josh lazily lay back on the wall giving me his typical bedroom eyes.
“Josh what do you want?” I sighed and rolled my eyes trying to make it obvious that I don’t want anything to do with him. Josh has always had a thing for me since I pretty much moved here. He was one of those cocky kids who thought they could get whatever they wanted.

“How are you doing?” Moving towards me he shook his eyebrows up and down. “You know what would look good on you?” His breath was hot on my cheek.
“Knock it off Josh.” I stepped back but he moved right along with me. Clasping my arm in his hand he intently looked into my eyes.

“Answer me?” His grip tightened on my arm as I struggled to get away from him.
“Josh you’re hurting me.” I pulled harder against his grip hoping his hands were sweaty enough to get loose.

“You know Josh maybe you should let go of her?” Startled we both looked over and see Lucus standing there with a determined look on his face. Lucus… he was the ultimate in dreamy. Though I didn’t really realize he even knew I existed. He was one of those goth or emo teens… or whatever it is you wanted to call them. And well me, I already said I was a class a loner slash nerd.

“Why should I? Are you going to make me?” Josh sneered as he dragged me to the side but making sure he didn’t release his grip.

“If I have to I will be more than happy to do so.” Cracking his knuckles he took another step forward. Sensing the fear in Josh’s body language he took another one.
“Fine whatever she’s all yours.” Mumbling under his breath he glared at me as he released my arm.

Sliding my hands through my hair I smirked at him. “Thanks Lucus.” Brushing off his shirt he closed the distance between us.

“No problem Kay. I can’t really stand it when women get treated badly like their some piece of meat.” Smiling he looked me up and down. “Plus you’re a pretty cool chick.”

I swallowed hard suddenly feeling nervous. “You really think that? I mean we haven’t hung out or ever really talked to each other.”

“Yeah really. Remember we do have a couple of classes together. I see how you are. It’s kind of cute.” I blushed and he laughed. “But hey if you ever want to just hang out, can I have your number and well I’ll text you and what not.”
Still stunned I just shook my head and mumbled out my number. “Thanks. I’ll see you around Kay.”

I watched as he walked off still too stunned to even comprehend what was going on. Walking home I couldn’t help but wonder if he was just joking or if he really was serious and if I’d hear from him. My phone buzzed in my pocket causing me to almost drop my books.

With sweaty palms I turned it on to see that my grandma had texted me. Great she figured out to text. I seriously was hoping she wouldn’t. Of course she was always a bit too concerned for comfort. I guess that could be because of what happened to my mom.

Sighing as I walked through the door and I knew immediately that I would get a lecture from her because I was late from school. Trying my best to be quite I tried to sneak up to my room, but of course my grandma was like a blood hound and was on my toes before I knew it.

“Where have you been young lady?” Her stern voice made me cringe and sigh. “You were supposed to be home a half hour ago and don’t go on and tell me you stayed late at school to catch up on your homework.”

“Grandma, seriously it’s a half hour! It’s not like I’m out getting knocked up or some stupid crap!” Throwing my hands up in the air I was beginning to get fed up with all of her crap. “Just please shut up!”

Her mouth hung open slightly as the fury began to build up. “Kaybree Ann Reed you do not ever talk to me like that ever again!” She pointed to my door. “Now go to your room!”
Laughing I shook my head. “I can’t wait till I get out of here.” I mumbled under my breath just low enough so she couldn’t hear it.

Stacking my books on my desk I sprawled out on the floor. My phone buzzed once again in my pocket. Sitting up I turned on the screen to see an unknown number displayed across the screen followed by, hey, it’s Lucus. Smiling and giddy I replied. Maybe there was hope in this miserable life after all.

2 comments:

  1. So she didn't get to kill herself, I guess that's a little better but now she's just in a crazy house so that may not be so good.

    Kay is pretty and Lucas is pretty hot!!! I like the bad boy thing he has going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, kind of based it off a real life experience for Lucy. My aunt just went off the deep end and pretty much did that :/ Ironic actually... pretty creepy too...

    Though Lucus he's just one of my favorite male sims I made, I had to throw him in there. He's wayyy hotter when he comes of age lol. Kay reminds me so much of Lucy though it's crazy.

    ReplyDelete